Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2012+ Extension for Red Hat OpenShift 2
Click2Cloud OpenShift.NET development kit enables you to run Windows nodes in Red Hat OpenShift. The unique solutions developed by Click2Cloud Inc. helps you deploy any version of Windows, SQL Server, .NET applications, even SharePoint on OpenShift 2. OpenShift.NET gives choice of a truly heterogeneous environment where Red Hat and Microsoft applications work harmoniously in OpenShift 2 environment.
Click2Cloud OpenShift.NET development kit has following components;
- Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2012+ Extension for Red Hat OpenShift 2
- Windows Node Installer
- OpenShift Cartridges
- Microsoft .NET 4.5 & 4.6 Cartridge
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2012 & 2014 Cartridge
- FOXWeb 4.6.3 Cartridge
- WinDIY Cartridge
- OSEv2 Installation Script
- User Guide and Supporting Documents
You can download the Click2Cloud OpenShift.NET development kit from Click2Cloud GIT Hub Repository;https://github.com/click2Cloud/openshift2 and from Click2Cloud website - http://register.click2cloud.net/
Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2012+ Extension, allows the developers to create .NET application in Visual Studio IDE and deploy it to Red Hat OpenShift 2 cloud. You can download the extension from Visual Studio Gallery or from Click2Cloud Website http://register.click2cloud.net/
Click2Cloud Windows Node Installer helps users to install the Windows Node on OpenShift 2 cloud. You can download Click2Cloud Windows Node Installer from Click2Cloud FTP Repository - http://ftp-repos.click2cloud.net/ . It has two files in it;
Watch our YouTube Playlist to deploy OpenShift 2 with .NET Capabilities.
Click2Cloud OpenShift 2 Cartridges helps to create the .NET, FOX Web and SQL based applications in Red Hat OpenShift 2.X environment. The complete set of Click2Cloud .NET, SQL, WINDIY and FOXWeb Cartridges can be downloaded from Click2Cloud GIT Hub Repository; https://github.com/click2Cloud/openshift2 and from Click2Cloud website - http://register.click2cloud.net/
OSEv2 Installation Script helps users to install the OpenShift 2 cloud in their environment. You can download the OSEv2 Installation Script from Click2Cloud GIT Hub Account; https://github.com/click2Cloud/openshift2 and from Click2Cloud website - http://register.click2cloud.net/
This is pre-release version of OpenShift 2 Tool for Visual Studio 2012+. To participate in beta, kindly register from http://register.click2cloud.net
Following are software pre-requisite to install the ‘Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2012+ Extension for Red Hat OpenShift 2’ tool and manage your application on Red Hat OpenShift 2 Cloud.
1. Ruby with RubyInstaller
2. Git version control
3. rhc Ruby gem
All the pre-requisite to Install OpenShift 2 and ‘How to use’ Click2Cloud Windows Node Installer is mentioned inOpenShift 2 Auto Script Deployment Guide It is available in Click2Cloud OpenShift.NET development kit and can be downloaded from Click2Cloud Website http://click2cloud.net/downloads/OSEv2_Deployment_Guide_V1.0.pdf
The more details on Step-by-Step installation of above software pre-requisite can be found inClick2Cloud_OpenShift2_VisualStudio_Tool_UserGuide_V1.0.pdf.
The same user guide is available on Click2Cloud Website and can be downloaded directly from below URL:http://click2cloud.net/downloads/Click2Cloud_OpenShift2_VisualStudio_Tool_UserGuide_V1.0.pdf
The User Guide also provide step-by-step details to;
- Install Visual Studio Tool
- Create New Application
- Import existing application and
- Manage Domains
Once all the pre-requisite and plugin gets installed, you can refer the Document ‘Create Sample Application’ to create your first OpehShift.NET application. The document is also available on Click2Cloud website and can be accessed fromhttp://click2cloud.net/downloads/Click2Cloud_OpenShift2.X_Visual%20Studio_Tool_Guide_to_Deploy_Sample_Applications_V1.0.pdf
- You can run Windows nodes in Red Hat OpenShift and can deploy any version of Windows, SQL Server, .NET applications, SharePoint on OpenShift 2.X and OpenShift Online.
- IT benefits from lower costs, increased agility and increased utilization in a simplified environment.
Windows Servers can join Red Hat’s OpenShift 2 Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) providing a robust, cross-platform enterprise solution.
- Deploy and run Windows .Net applications on OpenShift
- Integrate with Mongo, MySQL and other OpenShift cartridges and containers
- Use this on your Enterprise Data Centre or OpenShift Online
Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2012+ Tool
Visual Studio Tool provide developers with a seamless DevOps experience across environments increasing developer productivity, agility and velocity. With the Visual Studio Plugin developers can develop and deploy .Net applications in both your Windows and OpenShift environments.
- Provide option to choose the developer familiar IDE making their life easier
- Uses Controls and templates to help developer get the most out of Visual Studio IDE
- Integrated with source repositories for streamlined deployment and versioning
The installed plugin can be accessed from Tools Menu
On the Click2Cloud Visual Studio Tool window, enter OpenShift server hostname and click on Connect to Serverbutton.
On Sign in to OpenShift window, enter Username and Password and click OK.
Create application using DOTNET-4.5 and MSSQL 2014 Embedded Cartridges.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666.
- Website: www.click2cloud.net