Click2Cloud’s Docker Container & Kubernetes based Visual Studio 2015 Extension for Red Hat OpenShift 3 Enterprise
Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2015 Tool; bring Docker and Kubernetes based containerized .Net application to OpenShift 3 Enterprise. Our DevOps solution, allows developers to build, manage and deploy containerized .NET and lot more other applications straight from Visual Studio IDE to Red Hat’s OpenShift 3 Enterprise Cloud Platform.
This is pre-release version of OpenShift 3 Tool for Visual Studio 2015. To participate in beta and use our development infrastructure, kindly register from http://register.click2cloud.net.
For more details, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666. You can also visit our websitewww.click2cloud.net to get insight of tools and FAQs .
Watch our YouTube Playlist to see how easy it is to develop and deploy application on OpenShift 3.X using Click2Cloud’s OpenShift 3 Enterprise Tool for Visual Studio 2015.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F6uM7ysMZM?list=PLWgCcDWQfFluLf2w8JTKkSgDXtRpQKwQA&w=640&h=390]
Following are the software pre-requisite to install the Click2Cloud OpenShift 3 Enterprise Tool for Visual Studio 2015 tool and manage your application on OpenShift 3 Enterprise.
- Visual Studio 2015 Community or Visual Studio 2015 Professional or Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise
- GitHub Extension for Visual Studio
- Git for Windows
- OpenShift 3 Binaries for Windows
- Processor: Intel Core i3 (or above for better performance)
- RAM: Minimum 8 GB (or above for better performance)
- Hard disk: 10 GB Minimum
The getting started document provide user with step-by-step approach to install and use the tool. It covers the following section;
- Pre-Requisites Software’s required to install the plugin
- Step-by-step details on installing GitHub Extension for Visual Studio 2015
- Guidelines to Install Git for Windows and OpenShift 3 CLI
- Procedure to download OpenShift Tool for Visual Studio 2015
- How to Install and Activate OpenShift Tool for Visual Studio
- Create Your First Application on OpenShift and Manging Projects
- Deploying Application Changes and Build
- Log Streaming and Stream Application Logs
- Stream Build Logs
- Open Terminals and Port-forwarding
The Getting started document is also available on Click2Cloud website, and can be directly accessed from here .
Guideline to enable .NET in OpenShift 3 Environment
Follow instructions at https://github.com/Click2Cloud/DotNetOnOpenShift3 to enable .NET on OpenShift 3.X Environment.
Launching Click2Cloud OpenShift 3 Enterprise Tool for Visual Studio 2015
Once installed, system will display a success message and you can access the Click2Cloud Extension from menus of Visual Studio Console.
- Support to login to OpenShift 3 using basic and oauth protocol
- Create and manage projects in OpenShift 3
- Create new OpenShift application from server template
- Support to create new OpenShift application from custom template
- Support to open existing application from OpenShift 3 and load in Visual Studio 2015
- View WebHook URL for newly created application as well as retrieve it for already running application
- View Pod and build Logs from OpenShift Explorer
- Start Build from OpenShift Explorer
- Support to host application on https
- Port Forwarding from OpenShift Explorer
- Launch Terminal option from OpenShift Explorer
- JSON Editor Integration with OpenShift Explorer
- Auto refresh in OpenShift Explorer not working in few scenarios
- OpenShift Explorer design issue for different themes
- In some scenarios Live streaming of Build Logs is not working
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666
- Website: www.click2cloud.net