Click2Cloud’s Docker Container & Kubernetes based Visual Studio 2015 Extension for Red Hat OpenShift 3 Origin (V 1.1.6)
Click2Cloud Visual Studio 2015 Tool; bring Docker and Kubernetes based containerized .Net application to OpenShift 3 Origin. Our DevOps solution, allows developers to build, manage and deploy containerized .NET and lot more other applications straight from Visual Studio IDE to Red Hat’s OpenShift 3 Origin Cloud Platform.
This is pre-release version of OpenShift 3 Tool for Visual Studio 2015. To participate in beta and use our development infrastructure, kindly register from http://register.click2cloud.net.
For more details, you can mail us at email@example.com or contact at +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666. You can also visit our website www.click2cloud.net to get insight of tools and FAQs.
Watch our YouTube Playlist to see how easy it is to develop and deploy application on OpenShift 3 using Click2Cloud’s OpenShift 3 Origin Tool for Visual Studio 2015.
Following are the software pre-requisite to install the Click2Cloud OpenShift 3 Origin Tool for Visual Studio 2015 tool and manage your application on OpenShift 3 Origin.
- Visual Studio 2015 Community or Visual Studio 2015 Professional or Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise
- GitHub Extension for Visual Studio
- Git for Windows
- OpenShift 3 Binaries for Windows
- Vagrant V 1.7.4 .msi
- Virtual Box
- Vagrant File
Please Note: You will need the Vagrant, Virtual Box and Vagrant File for creating OpenShift 3 Origin environment on local machine. You can find the detailed information to download and install these software’s athttps://www.openshift.org/vm/
- Processor: Intel Core i3 (or above for better performance)
- RAM: Minimum 8 GB (or above for better performance)
- Hard disk: 10 GB Minimum
The getting started document provide user with step-by-step approach to install and use the tool. It covers the following section;
- Pre-Requisites Software’s required to install the plugin
- Step-by-step details on installing GitHub Extension for Visual Studio 2015
- Guidelines to Install Git for Windows and OpenShift 3 CLI
- Procedure to download OpenShift Tool for Visual Studio 2015
- How to Install and Activate OpenShift Tool for Visual Studio
- Create Your First Application on OpenShift and Manging Projects
- Deploying Application Changes and Build
- Log Streaming and Stream Application Logs
- Stream Build Logs
- Open Terminals and Port-forwarding
The Getting started document is also available on Click2Cloud website, and can be directly accessed from here.
Guideline to enable .NET in OpenShift 3 Environment
Follow instructions at https://github.com/Click2Cloud/DotNetOnOpenShift3 to enable .NET on OpenShift 3 Environment.
Launching Click2Cloud OpenShift 3 Origin Tool for Visual Studio 2015
Once installed, system will display a success message and you can access the Click2Cloud Extension from menus of Visual Studio Console.
- Support to login to OpenShift 3 using basic and oauth protocol
- Create and manage projects in OpenShift 3
- Create new OpenShift application from server template
- Support to create new OpenShift application from custom template
- Support to open existing application from OpenShift 3 and load in Visual Studio 2015
- View WebHook URL for newly created application as well as retrieve it for already running application
- View Pod and build Logs from OpenShift Explorer
- Start Build from OpenShift Explorer
- Support to host application on https
- Port Forwarding from OpenShift Explorer
- Launch Terminal option from OpenShift Explorer
- JSON Editor Integration with OpenShift Explorer
- Auto refresh in OpenShift Explorer not working in few scenarios
- OpenShift Explorer design issue for different themes
- In some scenarios Live streaming of Build Logs is not working
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666
- Website: www.click2cloud.net