Installing Red Hat OpenShift 2 Environment using Click2Cloud Inc.’s Auto Script – Tutorial Part 4 – Windows Node Prerequisites
Download Click2Cloud Inc.'s Auto Script installer from https://github.com/click2Cloud/openshift2/ or register at www.register.click2cloud.net
Please Note: All the tasks and operations needs to be performed using an Administrator account/user.
Supported Windows OS versions;
- Window Server 2012 (Standard / Datacenter)
- Window Server 2012 R2 (Standard / Datacenter)
Optional (You can skip SQL server installation if you don’t required MSSQL cartridges);
- SQL Server is not mandatory but if you are planning to use MSSQL cartridges then you need to install SQL Server on windows node. Our MSSQL cartridge supports SQL 2008R2, SQL 2012 and SQL 2014 (x64 bit versions only) of any edition. You can install any one (SQL Server) of them or can install all, as per your requirements.
You will get the SQL Server installation steps here.
For each SQL server you have to provide different named instance. Below are the details;
1. Install SQL Server 2008 R2 with default instance (Only Database Engine) and with mixed authentication. After successfully installation of SQL Server, please stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) Windows Service, then disable it. (The Window node installation script will check to see if this was setup correctly)
2. Install SQL Server 2012 with a simple named instance MSSQLSERVER2012 (Only database). After successfully installation of SQL Server, please stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER2012) Windows Service, then disable it. (The Window node installation script will check to see if this was setup correctly). Make sure you set it up with mixed authentication.
3. Install SQL Server 2014 with a simple named instance MSSQLSERVER2014 (Only database). After successfully installation of SQL Server, please stop SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER2014) Windows Service, then disable it. (The Window node installation script will check to see if this was setup correctly). Make sure you set it up with mixed authentication.
- Enable TCP/IP SQL Server Protocol from SQL Configuration manager to listen to All IPs
Make sure that the TCP/IP protocol is enabled for SQL Server (any version) and that the port 1433 is set to for "IPAll" in the SQL Server Configuration Manager.
Register DNS on Linux Broker for Windows Node
Make sure the broker and windows node should resolves its DNS and IP. Follow to below steps for the same:
On Broker Server:
Use the following command to register the linux node on the broker dns server:
# oo-register-dns --with-node-hostname winnode
Please do the following entry in your Broker Server in /etc/hosts file
On Windows Node:
Please do the following entry in your Windows Node in c:windowssystem32driversetchosts file
Make sure the time of the VM is synced from the internet. Before proceeding with the Windows installation, you have to make sure your hosts resolve OK
Win-node Prerequisites Download and Extract
Before you can install OpenShift Windows Node Installer, there are a number of prerequisite software’s and server configurations you will need to complete in order to prepare the OpenShift Windows node.
You can download winnode_prerequisites.exe from here (file size 929MB). It helps to extract all the required software’s automatically to the C:winnode_prerequisites directory.
1. Once you have downloaded, double-click the exe file to launch the Winnode prerequisites wizard and Click Accept
2. The following wizard shows Prerequisites Extraction Process. Wizard will close automatically after process completion.
Now we have completed the prerequisites part and ready for Windows node deployment.
This is the fourth part of the tutorial for enabling the OpenShift 2.O for Microsoft Windows. You can visit the other tutorials at;
Part 1 - System Requirements
Part 2 - Linux Broker Deployment
Part 3 - Linux Node Deployment
Part 4 - Windows Node Pre-requisite
Part 5 - Windows Node Deployment
For any queries, you can contact: firstname.lastname@example.org , OR +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666