MS SQL Server 2008 Cartridge for OpenShift 2
Click2Cloud Inc. have been working with Red Hat OpenShift right from OpenShift 2, where the architecture was based on; Windows Node, Linux Node and Broker Node to OpenShift 3 where it is based on Docker Container and Kubernetes.
Click2Cloud Inc. as a Red Hat ISV and Connect Partner, and Microsoft Gold Partner have made significant achievements in bridging two technology motherships. Click2Cloud Inc. enabled .NET application development in Red Hat OpenShift PaaS for both; OpenShift 2 and OpenShift 3.
For OpenShift 2, Click2Cloud have developed various one-of-its-kinds products which includes;
- Windows Node Installer– which enables the Windows Node in OpenShift 2 environment
- .NET 4.5 Cartridge– helps developer to create .NET 4.5 application
- .NET 4.6 Cartridge for OpenShift 2– helps developer to create .NET 4.6 application
- Win DIY Cartridge
- FOX Web 4.6.3 Cartridge
- SharePoint 2013 Cartridge – helps developer to create SharePoint 2013 application
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Cartridge– helps developer to create .NET application with MS SQL Server 2008 Database
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Cartridge – helps developer to create .NET application with MS SQL Server 2012 Database
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Cartridge– helps developer to create .NET application with MS SQL Server 2014 Database
- Visual Studio 2012+ DevOps Plugin – allows user to develop and deploy the .NET based application from
Microsoft Visual Studio IDE to Red Hat OpenShift 2 Cloud
- OpenShift.NET Kit– provides one stop package with all the cartridges, plugins, Window’s node installer and help documents to set-up and run the Red Hat OpenShift environment.
Also, for OpenShift 3, Click2Cloud Inc. have developed;
- OpenShift 3 Enterprise - Docker Containers and Kubernetes based DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- OpenShift 3 Origin (V 1.1.6)- Docker Containers and Kubernetes based DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- ASP.NET 5.0 S2I Images
In this post, we would like to introduce our Microsoft SQL Server 2008 cartridge. User can use this Microsoft SQL Server 2008 cartridge to create .NET 4.5/4.6 based application with SQL Server 2008 as database and deploy it to Red Hat for OpenShift 2. The Microsoft SQL Server 2008 cartridge works with Windows Node installed on OpenShift 2 and .NET 4.5/4.6 cartridges.
All the details to download the; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 cartridge, Windows Node Installer, .NET 4.5/4.6 Cartridges, Visual Studio 2012+ plugin and help documents have been mentioned in the following sections.
Prerequisites / Documentation
To use this Microsoft SQL Server 2008 cartridge, you will need the OpenShift 2 environment with Windows Node and .NET 4.5/4.6 cartridge to create the applications. You can download the OpenShift.NET Development Kit from Click2Cloud’s Git Hub repository and follow the deployment guide to set-up your OpenShift Environment consisting of; Linux Broker, Linux Node and Windows Node.
Windows Node Auto Installer Script, to install the Linux Broker, Linux Node and Windows Node: http://click2cloud.net/downloads/OSEv2_Deployment_Guide_V1.0.pdf
Visual Studio 2012+ Tool User Guide, to help you understand its features, capabilities, procedure on how to make use off-it:
Visual Studio 2012+ Tool Sample Application Deployment Guide, to help you understand on how to create your first .NET Application using the Visual Studio 2012+ Tool and .NET 4.6 Cartridge and deploy it to Red Hat OpenShift 2 cloud:
You can also watch Click2Cloud’s OpenShift 2 videos available on YouTube to see how easy it is to develop and
deploy .NET application on Red Hat OpenShift 2 environment using Click2Cloud’s Visual Studio 2012+Too, .NET 4.5/4.6 cartridge and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 cartridge.
Source Code location
Click2Cloud OpenShift.NET Tool Kit - https://github.com/Click2Cloud/openshift2
Download Location Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Cartridge
OpenShift.NET Development Tool Kit https://github.com/Click2Cloud/openshift2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 (425) 749-7495 and +1 (425) 748-9666
- Website: www.click2cloud.net
You can also follow the links below to explore and try Click2Cloud’s Other OpenShift 2 products:
- Visual Studio 2012+ DevOps Plugin
- Click2Cloud’s Windows Node Installer for Red Hat OpenShift 2
- Click2Cloud’s .NET 4.5 Cartridge
- Click2Cloud’s .NET 4.6 Cartridge
- Click2Cloud’s Win DIY Cartridge
- Click2Cloud’s FoxWeb Cartridge
- Click2Cloud’s SharePoint 2013 Cartridge
- Click2Cloud’s Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Cartridge
- Click2Cloud’s Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Cartridge
- Click2Cloud’s Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Cartridge
Further, to explore more about the latest development in Red Hat OpenShift 3, you can follow the Red Hat OpenShift Blog; https://blog.openshift.com/click2clouds-docker-container-kubernetes-based-visual-studio-2015-extension/
And, Click2Cloud’s Red Hat OpenShift 3 Products;
- OpenShift 3 Enterprise- DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- OpenShift 3 Origin (V 1.1.6)- DevOps plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
Click2Cloud Team, with their 2+ years industry experience have created a detailed FAQs list which address all
the technical and administrative queries the user can face with; Installation and infra-setup for OpenShift 2,
Deployment of Windows Node, Pre-requisite, Cartridges and Visual Studio 2012+ Plugin.
Follow-us on Social Media
You can also follow-us on social media and share this post with the relevant users.
.NET, container, Red Hat, OpenShift 2, Microsoft, Microsoft Azure, Click2Cloud, Microsoft SQL Server, .NET 4.6 Cartridge, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Cartridge